Back to Jeepin'

JBJK

Supporting Member
My wife and I factory built a JKU Rubicon in17, which she traded for a JLU Rubicon in 18, which we modified some and wife used for her daily driver. Last year she tired of the Jeep as her daily driver and traded it off for a run of the mill Cherokee and our Jeeping days were seemingly over. But yesterday, this neat little blank slate found its way into our driveway. 2010, manual everything with a crappy lift but otherwise in great shape and <85,000 miles.

This won't be a dd. We will go off road a few times a year, Black Hills of SD mostly. Some minor rock crawling. Maybe some northern Minnesota and hopefully someday a return to Moab (we ended up there spntaneously in 2020 with the 18 JLU). Otherwise, it'll cruise the southern minnesota backroads and brewery lots.

I'm looking forward to the build. I'm not sure where I'll start but leaning towards a new lift kit. It's wearing some cheap rough country shocks and springs. Then an audio upgrade if I don't burn the remaining rubber off the tires too quickly. When the rubber goes, so are the wheels.

I'll be checking back in for recommendations once I get started.

20240410_192700.jpg

Reactions: BLACKJKU