Axle upgrade help

Fyrfytrfil

I have a 2018 Sahara. I am looking to regear it because I have the 3.21s. I have 35 inch tires currently. I wheel it occasionally but it is my daily driver. Seems to me that regearing the dana 30 is a waste.

What would be the best (affordable) way to upgrade the axles and get the gears I want? Keeping in mind this will never be a hard core rock crawler. I am thinking 4.56s seem to make the most sense as I do commute to work at highway speeds.

Not to hijack your post but im in the same boat. If I upgrade my front axle to a 44, then I'd feel more comfortable upgrading to 37" tires. Definitely don't want to regear and then decide I should have upgraded and then have to regear again. As far as axles, I don't know where to start looking or what to expect.

I regeared my D30 knowing I was gonna eventually swap to a 44. If you don’t invest anything else in it it isn’t too bad. Then you can build the rear exactly how you want and just leave it. The added gearing and rear locker made a world of difference before I made the move to upgrade to the 44 front.