Automatic manual mode not working

Kennydsjk

Southeastern Pennsylvania, outside Philadelphia
Hey all, I’m new to this forum and did try searching for an answer but came up empty.
the manual mode on my ‘12 jk has stopped working. IMHO, it’s never worked the way I think it should but it has stopped working completely and I’m hoping someone has a fix that doesn’t require a dealer visit. I occasionally wheel on the OBX beach and want the manual mode back. Not comfortable in the sand without it. Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Is your Jeep currently throwing a check engine light or any warning lights? If so, have you scanned it for the codes?

And interesting note about the 2012 automatic manual shifting mode in comparison to the 2013+:

The way the transmission behaves was changed for 2013+. 2012 autos do not shift that way, you can shift up through the gears the same way in both versions, but when you come to a stop in the 2012, it will stay in "manual" mode but it will shift automatically up to whatever gear you stopped in.

Example: start from a stop in 1st, drive and shift up to 2nd then 3rd, then come to a stop. The dash reading will show 3rd and when you take off again, you will start in 1st, then it will auto shift to 2nd and 3rd but then it will hold itself in 3rd.

It is kind of strange how they changed it. it seems most people here would prefer the operation of the 2012. I like how the 2012 behaves, if youshift down on the highway and stay in 4th, then exit the freeway and come to a stop, it will shift as normal until 4th and stay. It's not a sports car where I could see how you might want it to be in "full manual" mode.

While that probably doesn't help you in answering why yours isn't working, but I'm going to guess yours is electronic related, in which case I think it is indeed going to require a trip to the dealer.

Has anyone seen the fix for this?
I replaced the whole shifter from A salvage jeep then I took the old shifter apart , there is A switch on the rear of shifter that controls manual mode (yellow blue and black wire) pulled the switch out and one side of the toggle has broken off so it wouldn't engage. You can replace the switch if you can find one without removing the shifter from the vehicle.

Broken tab on switch, jyst plugs into back of shifter.

16906513620642834014360619817005.jpg

I have a somewhat stranger case...it shifts perfectly in cold weather, but starts to not shift as it becomes warmer....any ideas?