Anyone have experience with replacing the oil filter adapter?

DesertHound2012

DesertHound
Supporting Member
Hi All:
If anyone has Experience with replacing the Oil filter adapter,Im getting ready to do my Frist one,Would like to get others input who have done one or more of them,
I am open to almost all comcomments, Thank you

Welcome to the forum!

Check out this write-up:

Welcome to the forum!

Check out this write-up:

Thank You That would be so helpful, I'm going to start tonight.I Have tried to do most of the work myself not only because i ejoy working on it,retiring soon won't have as much $$ to have some one else do repairs when needed and seeing i do alot of Rock CrawlingThat can happen ?? LOL Thanks Again and I will share about this Forum.

Reactions: Chris
Thank You That would be so helpful, I'm going to start tonight.I Have tried to do most of the work myself not only because i ejoy working on it,retiring soon won't have as much $$ to have some one else do repairs when needed and seeing i do alot of Rock CrawlingThat can happen ?? LOL Thanks Again and I will share about this Forum.

No problem, always happy to help! If you're patient, it's not that hard to do.

Welcome to the forum!

Check out this write-up:

Hello Chris
Just wanted to Thank you for all the Info on changing oil filter adapter,Its on the money for me to Follow.
Yes i got it completed,No more oil leak so far.Now on to trying to fix the heater problem.its only geeting hot on passenger side driver side only gets warm at best would have any suggestions on how to repair??
Thank You Again

Hello Chris
Just wanted to Thank you for all the Info on changing oil filter adapter,Its on the money for me to Follow.
Yes i got it completed,No more oil leak so far.Now on to trying to fix the heater problem.its only geeting hot on passenger side driver side only gets warm at best would have any suggestions on how to repair??
Thank You Again

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that, and thanks for the follow-up / update!

In regards to your heat issue, from what I understand, this is actually a known issue on the JKs. Apparently it has something to do with the heater core needing to be replaced, and most dealerships are well aware of it (there may even be a TSB on it if I recall).

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that, and thanks for the follow-up / update!

In regards to your heat issue, from what I understand, this is actually a known issue on the JKs. Apparently it has something to do with the heater core needing to be replaced, and most dealerships are well aware of it (there may even be a TSB on it if I recall).
Happy New Year
Its been a little while (Chris) And to the Forum,
Just wanted to say thanks for all the info on my over heating issue.
Come to find out I had a head gasket problem earlier on and it show visible signs until later as far as water showing up on oil filler cap or dip stick,
So needless to say, IM trying to decide to go back with rebuild or LS??
NOT in a hurry a I'm going in for surgery soon therefore my season is shoot, But I'm Greatful anyways there are others that are going through way worse times 🙏
Thanks again & Happy Healthy New Year
💥💥💥💥💥2021💥💥💥💥💥

Reactions: Chris and Tom_H
Happy New Year
Come to find out I had a head gasket problem earlier on and it show visible signs until later as far as water showing up on oil filler cap or dip stick,
NOT in a hurry a I'm going in for surgery soon therefore my season is shoot, But I'm Greatful anyways there are others that are going through way worse times 🙏
💥💥💥💥💥2021💥💥💥💥💥
I've heard that I'm going to check TY

Thanks for the update, and sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope everything goes good with it.

Reactions: mrjp
Happy New Year
💥💥💥💥💥2021💥💥💥💥💥

Oh man, an LS or 392 swap would be awesome, but to do it right you're looking at around 20-25k once it's all said and done. Still, I'll be envious if you go down that route!

Oh, and Happy New Year! Let's hope 2021 is at least a little better.

Hello Chris
Thank You Again
Air is trapped, it is Difficult to burp it out, somehow I managed! Had code for thermostat, replaced and no heat on driver's side. I jacked up the front and kept squeezing the hoses. I also used a funnel, that adapts to the radiator fill. Amazon has them, if you cannot find elsewhere. It worked.