Anyone have a positive experience with those stubby antennas?

Johnmonthrots

Anyone have a positive experience with those stubby antennas? The reviews on the Vendor sites seem to vary and I’m wondering what the sweet spot is. I’m thinking 15” for my 2020.

radio stations around me, and more specifically on my drive to work, are right on the verge of being out of range in the small towns I drive to. So for that reason I stick with my OEM long one.

Just because of the way radio waves work you will loose signal strength. If the stations you listen to are all super strong you won't have a problem.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
radio stations around me, and more specifically on my drive to work, are right on the verge of being out of range in the small towns I drive to. So for that reason I stick with my OEM long one.

Just because of the way radio waves work you will loose signal strength. If the stations you listen to are all super strong you won't have a problem.

To be fair, I have no "local" radio stations and haven't lived anywhere where there was a "local" radio station for 20 years. The closest being about 40 miles away. I also use Sirius/XM exclusively and only occasionally even search for a local station if I'm traveling.

I think they only matter if you listen to the radio a lot. Does anyone listen to the radio anymore? I don't ;)

yes sir I do thus the reason for putting stock one back on.

Got it! In that case, yep, the stock one is better. The stubby ones never work as good in my experience. I don't listen to the radio though, so it doesn't bother me. I could just remove the antenna altogether in all honesty.