Anyone find switches that fit here?

WestCoastDan

JK Enthusiast
I'm looking to add a 12V AUX port & a USB charging port to the rear of the JKU.
I'm hoping that someone has found switch alternatives that will fit in a couple of stock locations if possible.
I searched and was only able to find reference to a switch panel that mounts above the RVM... I'm not looking to spend that much, or need 6 switches...

Anyway, I'm hoping to find one that will fit in the center console area by the hazard switch, or over on the left next to the locker & sway bar switches...
BTW, that "OFF-ROAD" filler is stupid, and it appears that 3 additional switches would fit there.
Is there an option or model that includes additional switches on the left, in place of the filler?
1649354895177.png

1649354863549.png

That's what I found also... I had hoped the aftermarket world would have figured this out by now and created a solution that doesn't look like an afterthought...
Looks like I'll be soldering and cutting if i want to install a switch that utilizes the unused factory locations.

Reactions: mrjp
You can modify the blank next to the hazard switch, IIRC. I did it to the one on the far left in a previous jeep. You trim the blank which allows it to pivot. You then mount a micro switch behind it. That keeps it clean looking and stealth for something like a garage door opener. If you want it always on, you'd need to add a relay circuit. The problem is, there is a circuit board that runs the length which makes switch choice options limited. Or, there are very shallow toggle switches I've seen people mount online like this:
Screenshot 2022-04-07 195808.png

The same switches could be mounted much easier in the off-road blank since there is nothing behind it.

Is there a filler/blank for the left side that doesn't have that stupid "off road" text embossed in it?

That's not far from my plan.
I may see if I can find a pair of those locker and sway bar switches on the cheap and then modify them to fit into the right half of that space.
There are some on eBay. IDK what you consider cheap but there a few on there.

Stumbled across this, too
Also, I may be wrong about it being totally empty behind the offroad section. I've never modified that one, but now I see conflicting posts about it. Still, searching the forums, it looks like a lot of people have added a couple of switches.

Reactions: BLACKJKU and mrjp
Quadratec sells a switch panel that goes in that spot (07-10 JK), but you are stuck with the switches it gives you. Might be a way to start the process though. https://bit.ly/3KBA60x

Also, you may want to reach out to this guy. He 3D prints pods for that area. He may be able to work with you to get what you are really looking for. https://searchers.mybigcommerce.com/rubicon-switch-panel/

Reactions: WestCoastDan