Anybody know what this is for?

Hotrodguy34

Just purchased a 2017 wrangler unlimited,and this was in the glove box.
Would like to find out what it does. I know it plugs into the obd2 port and some lights flash for a few seconds, but don't know what it is for.?
I have something similar in my GMC envoy that I bought to disable active fuel management.
But don't know what it does in the jeep.
Btw love the jeep so far, don't know why I waited so long to get one

20210123_112418.jpg

20210123_112400.jpg

It looks to be a bluetooth adapter programmer. You may be able to figure a bit more... maybe.

A possible way would be to plug it in, turn on the jeep, but not start it, and then do a bluetooth search on your phone. Do it where you are at least 100ft from any potential signal.

it is possible that this will show up as connectable and have the device name that can then be googled to get more info. Or screen shot the connection list and post it here. You may have a free jeep programmer.

Actually the factory back up camera works good without this plugged in. When put into reverse, the camera displays on the touch screen

Looks like it's a programmer for a back up camera to me.
"This product allows a number of Jeep owners to program their vehicle for backup / rear view camera. Installation is simple and takes only a few minutes. Simply install your backup camera to your factory radio screen then plug this Genie programmer into your vehicle's OBDII port (under your steering column). The programmer will enable the backup camera feature on your vehicle's computer just like it would from the factory. "
Source: https://www.obdgenie.com/products/edit-jeep-rear-view-camera-program

Not the exact one cited, however I have seen this type of programmer sold with other camera kits elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp