Any fuses behind the dash or under center console? (2015 JKU)

TheKodiak

So this might be a stupid question, but are there any 10 amp fuses located behind the dash or under the center console unit? I recently took my jeep into the shop to repair the AC recirc cabin filter door and to do so they removed the dash and also removed the center console unit. They had put all of my personal stuff in the back seat and after I picked it up I was putting back everything where it belonged and I found a 10 amp fuse just sitting on the back seat. I called them asking if this came from anywhere when they were doing the repair and they said that they didn't pull any fuses, but it might have been stuck to a part that they were removing during the repair process. They told me just to hold onto it as an extra. My question is.. Could this fuse have come from an inline fuse or something behind the dash or under the center console unit? Or are all fuses located in the fuse box under the hood and this one could have possibly just fallen out of the mechanics pocket? Thanks!

There are no fuses in there. I stood right next to the guy who fixed mine (was done under warranty- hope yours was, too). And it's not for the faint of heart, the way all that crap is crammed in behind the dash.....
But I would suggest that perhaps a previous owner kept spare fuses in the glove box and they might have gotten in behind the box? The glove box is a crappy design, regardless.

Reactions: Chris
There are no fuses in there. I stood right next to the guy who fixed mine (was done under warranty- hope yours was, too). And it's not for the faint of heart, the way all that crap is crammed in behind the dash.....
But I would suggest that perhaps a previous owner kept spare fuses in the glove box and they might have gotten in behind the box? The glove box is a crappy design, regardless.
Good to hear! Thanks! And yeah, agree with you on that one.