Any 2014 JKU problems?

I have a 2014 with and have experienced 2 issues:
1. Rear main seal leak: repaired under warranty, was very minor and I caught it because of just a few pretty small drops on my driveway.
2. AC blend door actuator switch: vents weren't opening properly, heat only, no AC. This one cost me $150 or so. Part is nothing- it's all time/labor.

Other than that, I couldn't be happier with its performance. Oh yeah, I've had it 4 years and 2 months.

Reactions: kghumphrey
I have a 2014 with and have experienced 2 issues:
1. Rear main seal leak: repaired under warranty, was very minor and I caught it because of just a few pretty small drops on my driveway.
2. AC blend door actuator switch: vents weren't opening properly, heat only, no AC. This one cost me $150 or so. Part is nothing- it's all time/labor.

Other than that, I couldn't be happier with its performance. Oh yeah, I've had it 4 years and 2 months.
Thank you!

The 14 I had needed to have the oil cooler replaced. Cost me around $550 to have fixed which included the part. Part alone was around $250.

Around that year the oil cooler would begin to leak and create a puddle on the top of them block, this would eventually drip to the ground. It's not a fast leak but disconcerting because of how it would pool up on the block. Easy to spot with a flashlight looking down behind the serpentine.

I don't think it's very common, it's not specific to wranglers but to the 3.6. Good engine, but all engines have their quirks.

The 14 I had needed to have the oil cooler replaced. Cost me around $550 to have fixed which included the part. Part alone was around $250.

Around that year the oil cooler would begin to leak and create a puddle on the top of them block, this would eventually drip to the ground. It's not a fast leak but disconcerting because of how it would pool up on the block. Easy to spot with a flashlight looking down behind the serpentine.

I don't think it's very common, it's not specific to wranglers but to the 3.6. Good engine, but all engines have their quirks.
Thanks for the info!

Any problems with them are minor at best. The good thing is that there is nothing really major to look out for, just little annoyances.