Another TPMS Question: 315 / 433 mhz?

area51-s4

Sorry for long post! TLDR at bottom.

I thought these sensors come in EITHER 315mhz OR 433mhz.

I was taking a picture of one of the sensors from the first set I had got installed last September (which after 100+ miles didnt work) and as you will see in the attached pic, it says 315/433mhz.

What area in jscan app would i choose between the two frequencies if supposedly 433mhz is the only one that works with a 2014 jk?

Because I figured these sensors were broke, ordered a mopar set from ebay that was advertised as 433mhz, but on jscan it partially sees the 2nd set of sensors as 315mhz (along with info on battery voltage, manufacturer, region, but does not see the sensor completely as its not "detected"). Im wondering if the sensors arent kicking in because they are operating at 315mhz and i need them changed to 433mhz??????

Also in jscan when i try to enable "auto locate sensors", after waiting 2 minutes as it applies changes, it fails and the app tells me to try again after unplugging and plugging back in the odb dongle. It just never works to turn that item on.

So anyway, i suspected the Mopar set i was sent was 315mhz even though the auction advertised 433mhz. But now im wondering its both like my old set (pic attached). How do i change the frequency in jscan or do I need the installers scan tool or what?

And i just noticed that jscan shows both sets made by shrader electronics, but only the 2nd set was advertised as mopar brand. Huh? Or is jscan reading old info from the 1st set? Im guessing Schrader makes stuff for Mopar?

TLDR: After seeing my previous set says 315/433mhz, where do I change the frequency on my new set in jscan? Or do i need the peeps who installed the sensors to do that with their specific sensor scan tool?

20231109_045111.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect that since the sensor lists both frequencies, that would mean they are compatible with both receivers.
I don't believe it is possible to change between the two options in JSCAN; that is dictated by the model year of the vehicle and the system that is installed from the factory.

If I'm not mistaken, you MAY need to enter the one of these ID#s printed on each sensor into JSCAN.
1699545440356.png

I also believe that the scanners receive this data from the sensor, which is what the installer has to manually program into the vehicle.

I suspect that since the sensor lists both frequencies, that would mean they are compatible with both receivers.
I don't believe it is possible to change between the two options in JSCAN; that is dictated by the model year of the vehicle and the system that is installed from the factory.

If I'm not mistaken, you MAY need to enter the one of these ID#s printed on each sensor into JSCAN.
View attachment 125512

I also believe that the scanners receive this data from the sensor, which is what the installer has to manually program into the vehicle.
The shop that installed these in the picture said they programmed them just fine. I brought the car back at 100 miles and they used their TPMS toolkit scanner and said all the sensors are being detected. At that time i did not check with jscan to see what info it showed or what frequencies or anything. 20 miles later I bought the mopar sensors off ebay and had the same shop install them. . I only recently checked jscan when i got the new mopar sensors after driving 100+ miles on the 2nd set with still no senslr detection. I wish I took pics of that set before getting them installed to see if it showed the same 315/433mhz info.

I just bought preprogrammed sensors from Amazon. They are Schrader ones. They didn't work at first but someone said try putting the pressure to about 40psi and then let air out to about 30psi. That worked after driving a few miles.

I just bought preprogrammed sensors from Amazon. They are Schrader ones. They didn't work at first but someone said try putting the pressure to about 40psi and then let air out to about 30psi. That worked after driving a few miles.
This is interesting.
Care to share the link to the ones you bought?

Sorry bought them at Rockauto not Amazon. They are Schrader model 29093. They are about $22 each. Buy too much stuff from both depending on price. Amazon does have them also.

Reactions: WestCoastDan