Another Radio Question

JeepinMatt

My Jeep has the 130 radio and as you know it not the best. I have read various threads on installing a new radio and I have a question that I have not seen asked.

I am going to go with something with Apple CarPlay. Nothing over the top. Crutchfield has some nice units for $300-$400. My question is do any radios with the touch screens suck when it comes to glare with the top down? Are they all about the same? Any to avoid?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Most of Arizona is truly dark so I dim the screen to the minimum to get the dash lighting close to as low as I like it, especially when there is little to no traffic. Then the next day I must guess where things are because the screen is almost black.
Mine is the factory Garmin the Rubicon comes with and it is perfectly visible in daylight but I keep the hard top on, so I suppose it is possible that in direct light you'll have the disappearing screen problem all screens have.
As to radio I have no comment since my radio is off because I don't take the city to the country. .... ;)

I don’t have direct Jeep experience but I did put a Boss double DIN touchscreen in a 350z convertible. It was very bright and easy to see even with the top down. I don’t think that Boss is the highest quality so my gut would tell me that most other brands would also be OK