Another Newb with Dumb Questions

KenG

I have a 2017 rubicon unlimited. I have played with many jeeps before, that being said... I want to run 35s with stock flares with 3.5 in of lift. I will drive my jeep on the hwy as it is a DD, but I live in southwest colorado so 14000ft shelf roads and moab trails are my weekend trips. I would like to ask about the AEV 3.5 the metalcloak 3.5 and the teraflex 3.5 actual ride quality and what is the most "complete" kit. I dont want to get into the specifics of the different lifts out there as it usually just turns into a pi$$ing match. I am about to pull my hair out trying to figure out which way to go here.

Just make sure the kit has adjustable track bars front and rear and adjustable control arm in the front. Also don't forget to recalibrate the speedometer when you install the tires.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Seems most of the kits I am looking at have the front TB but just a bracket in back. I am not wanting to spend a mint but not going Rough Country either LOL

Yes but when your driving it down the road don't you want it to handle like it was stock? If you was to read some of the problems Members have had with a lift that wasn't done right you will be glad to spend the money to get everything you need to do it right.

Reactions: BigAL07
Agreed, thats why I am hoping for some advice on these "kits". Hoping for someone who has one that can comment. I know there is no such thing as a complete kit out there, even the 8000 dollar kits still have recomended parts

Reactions: BLACKJKU
I`ve got the AEV and running 315/70/17 it was on it when purchased but rides great steers good. also where you are at I would regear to 4:88 or 5:13 but that is just opinion. When we up around Silverton this fall I wanted more power it worked but pulling the hills was slower than I like.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
I have a superlift 4" on the wife's '14 JKU sahara. It has superior handiling to stock, she runs 35" tires ( they measure 34.25" on her rims). We put in a Flashcal and run a preformance tune to spin them and reprogram for size.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp