Angry grilles

Dlcain

JK Enthusiast
Hey all, I've been on the fence about buying an angry grille for a few months now. For those of you that have them, are you happy with them? Are there some I should stay away from? They seem to be inexpensive enough that I can make a wall hanger if I don't like it. Or change it out periodically since it only takes a few minutes. Maybe if I color matched it silver like my jeep? I'm just looking for something cool looking I guess lol

Reactions: Dirty Dog
The angry grill is 100% a matter of taste, because it has absolutely zero functional impact. Some think changing the iconic Wrangler grill is sacrilegious. These are the same people who had strokes when the YJ came out with the blasphemous rectangular headlights.

If you think it looks good, then change it. It's a cheap change with quite obvious results, and one of the easiest mods you will ever do. If you don't like it, change it back.
IMG_5590.JPG IMG_5592.JPG

I have this one on mine. My wife has the stocker on hers. That's the unpainted plastic. It's currently being color matched. If I decide it looked better in black, I'll plastidip it.

They're cheap enough, and easy enough to swap, that you could get several and swap them to match your mood for that day.
1678038550912.jpeg
1024x.jpg

Reactions: mrjp and Dlcain
If you do this 100% save your OEM grill. At least personally I would either want the OEM grill included with a jeep I purchased or demand a price reduction of whatever an OEM grill plus paint would cost. Personally, I really don't like the look.

If you do this 100% save your OEM grill. At least personally I would either want the OEM grill included with a jeep I purchased or demand a price reduction of whatever an OEM grill plus paint would cost. Personally, I really don't like the look.
I think you're in the minority. When I swapped mine, I offered it for free. No takers. It's a wall hanger now.

I think you're in the minority. When I swapped mine, I offered it for free. No takers. It's a wall hanger now.
This partially illustrates my point. There is little use for a grill that is not the right color, especially if you already have one. However if you ever go to sell a jeep with an aftermarket part, especially one that is exclusively for appearance, you will limit the buyer pool.

Simply holding onto the OEM grill solves that. It performing as a wall hanger until that time counts.

This partially illustrates my point. There is little use for a grill that is not the right color, especially if you already have one. However if you ever go to sell a jeep with an aftermarket part, especially one that is exclusively for appearance, you will limit the buyer pool.
All Wrangler grills, including OEM, are exclusively for appearance.
Given the amount of aftermarket gear on my Jeep, I really really doubt that a prospective buyer would blink twice about the grill. It would sure cost them a LOT less to swap back to an OEM grill than to buy a stocker and do all the other mods. And if they want a stocker, they wouldn't be interested in my Jeep anyway.
Simply holding onto the OEM grill solves that. It performing as a wall hanger until that time counts.
Feel free to come get it. It's hanging on the wall because it keeps it out of the way and prevents it from being damaged.

And the HEAT is on, 50 Cal Browning is what I want. Canada, they banned future ownership of Handguns (Me after 40yrs on the fence). Next week it is going to be semi auto centerfire, like New Zealand. Endless Commie rules. I Digress>

And the HEAT is on, 50 Cal Browning is what I want. Canada, they banned future ownership of Handguns (Me after 40yrs on the fence). Next week it is going to be semi auto centerfire, like New Zealand. Endless Commie rules. I Digress>
If you take the roof off, it would be pretty easy to mount on the roll cage...
And if you can't do that, you could maybe get one of THESE instead. I've seen something similar used with a pair of 10/22's. Stocks removed, mounted upside down, with big magazines. Tons of fun.

Thanks for all the replies lol. I think I'll go ahead and order one this week. Not sure which one (lots of options). I want to get rid of my halo headlights as well. I thought they were cool at first, but want a solid black one I think 🤔

Reactions: mrjp and Dirty Dog