Am I missing a soft top part?

timandtracy07

Fairly new owner of 2007 Jeep Wrangler. I am having an issue regarding the soft top (of note, we bought the soft top used, it didn’t come with all the hardware so had to find what we needed and purchase it separate)... we recently put the soft top on to use while driving. And after driving for a bit there was a loud “whap” noise and we figured out that the soft top material that essentially wraps around the front of the frame came up off the frame. We pulled over and pulled it tight again secured it again and started driving... then it did it again.. as best I can tell the wind gets ahold of the material and pulls it off the frame. Am I missing a part that holds the material onto the frame or a part that essentially shields the soft top from the wind to keep it from popping up? I don’t use the soft top much while driving but if I do I don’t want to deal with this issue every time... thank you for any advice on the subject...

See before photo in normal position and then after it comes out is second photo.. ( the noise I’m referring to is simply the noise it makes when the wind I guess gets to a point where it’s strong enough to pull it free of the frame)

C89F10C3-88B9-44DC-8F7E-FA62953F8B99.jpeg

854D7306-40AB-41DA-B949-5B7EA9E7C6C5.jpeg

That era of soft tops were made with what amounts to a staff piece of plastic sewn into the seam that you had to fold into the windshield channel. If, during storage or getting incorrectly folded, that seam got bent out of shape, you're going to have issues.
First thing I'd try to do is lay it out in the sun and try to flatten the windshield channel seam. The photos don't show any deformities or anything, it just looks like it's popping out of the channel. You may need to pinch the channel a fraction of an inch.

That’s what we had been trying to do and it just seems to keep popping out so I thought maybe I was missing something that kept it in place... thank you for the reply!