Alpine SPV-65X-WRA speaker upgrade

KOJYURO

Has anyone upgraded your speaker to Alpine "SPV-65X-WRA"?
It looks plug in play so should be easy installation. but I am wondering how it changes their sounds when it replaced from factory alpine premium system speakers.
I am looking several site but I did not see any detailed review on this. I would appreciate it if I could hear your thought.

Links
Alpine SPV-65X-WRA 6-1/2" Convertible Speaker System - Amazon.com
SPV-65X-WRA - Alpine Product Overview

Alpine SPV-65X-WRA.jpg

My friend did it on his JK. While it was noticeable, I wouldn't say it was worth the money. If you really want the best sound, you need to upgrade to a better head unit, a better amp, and speakers to match.

I will say that it is an improvement over the stock sound, just nothing phenomenal is all.

My friend did it on his JK. While it was noticeable, I wouldn't say it was worth the money. If you really want the best sound, you need to upgrade to a better head unit, a better amp, and speakers to match.

I will say that it is an improvement over the stock sound, just nothing phenomenal is all.
@Chris
Thanks, This is what I needed information! This speakers are very similar with my factory alpine speakers so I do not think I can expect much improvement... I will look around another choice.

Reactions: Chris
@Chris
Thanks, This is what I needed information! This speakers are very similar with my factory alpine speakers so I do not think I can expect much improvement... I will look around another choice.

That would be my suggestion as well. They simply aren't worth the money for an upgrade, since the difference isn't all that noticeable.

I know this is an old thread, but in my 2015 JK Unlimited with the Alpine system I replaced the head unit with a Kenwood DNR1007XR and added a Maestro RR2. I then sound treated the rollbar enclosure with roadkill and put polyfil in the speaker holes and then did the same for the knee panel boxes and added fast strings. The difference was night and day. The source signals from the Kenwood are much cleaner than the factory unit resulting in much better sound overall, but also notably more volume. The sound treatment also went a long way to really tighten up the diffused/muddy bass that I wasn't even aware of. Any standing waves that were present in the boxes before are now non-existent. After a little while I dove into the DSP and experimented with time alignment, crossover and EQ settings and really dialed it in. The system sounds completely different and (admittedly subjectively) ridiculously better than it did before all while keeping the factory amplifier and speakers. As an FYI to anyone looking to replace either just the speakers or just the amplifier, know that the system is 2ohms so match components accordingly. If you're replacing both, then match them as you normally would. Cheers!

Reactions: BigAL07