Air Cleaner Upgrade

jrcotner

I'm looking to upgrade the air cleaner on my '12 and '16 Wranglers, but haven't found any threads on the website. What has been your experience with various models of aftermarket air cleaners? I don't want to spend a ton of money to find out something is lousy.

From what I've heard the factory one is just as good as a Aftermarket one, it pulls in cold air. Just not as shiny as a Aftermarket one.

Reactions: Lxxtsy and mrjp
Thanks for the info. My primary complaint with the stock unit is getting my meathooks into the tiny area to unfasten and refasten the retaining clips. I'm not so concerned with airflow, though a noble goal, as with ease of removal.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
before doing anything, watch Project Farm's tests of various air filters. He had some shocking discoveries, like to the point where I would think twice about buying a jeep that had a K&N filter on it kinda stuff.

Wow! I just checked out the Project Farm air filter test. That was eye-opening. A very thorough test and some unexpected results. It's off-topic from my question, but definitely worth watching.

Reactions: mrjp