Air Bag Light

franka548

2010 jkur automatic with 95,000 miles. Was wheeling this afternoon on a fairly rough trail when my air bag light came on. Now it goes on and off steadily. I didn't hit anything, and the rocks weren't that big. 2.5 " lift and stock 32" tires.
Where do I start looking?
Thanks,
Frank

2010 jkur automatic with 95,000 miles. Was wheeling this afternoon on a fairly rough trail when my air bag light came on. Now it goes on and off steadily. I didn't hit anything, and the rocks weren't that big. 2.5 " lift and stock 32" tires.
Where do I start looking?
Thanks,
Frank

Check your VIN for recalls. There is a known issue with the clockspring/airbag.

Mine had both clockspring and passenger side airbag recalls that had been open for years and not done by previous owner.

Reactions: Danarch
Check your VIN for recalls. There is a known issue with the clockspring/airbag.

Mine had both clockspring and passenger side airbag recalls that had been open for years and not done by previous owner.

This. Same thing happened to me. Dusty Trail = Clock Spring Failure.
At 95k I think you can still fall under the recall.

Reactions: Vman
Yup, my son bought a 2008 and neither recall had been done. He just had them both completed.

Stopped by the dealer and clock spring is under recall along with the transmission skid plate and the passenger side air bag. The only problem is the don't order parts until a tech checks it out, and they can't tell me how long they will have it, we have an overnight camping trip planned for later in Feb. And we go welling on Wed and Sun I am not sure what I am going to do, will take it in next Tuesday. And see what happens.
Thanks again on the advise about the recall,
Frank

Reactions: mrjp
Stopped by the dealer and clock spring is under recall along with the transmission skid plate and the passenger side air bag. The only problem is the don't order parts until a tech checks it out, and they can't tell me how long they will have it, we have an overnight camping trip planned for later in Feb. And we go welling on Wed and Sun I am not sure what I am going to do, will take it in next Tuesday. And see what happens.
Thanks again on the advise about the recall,
Frank

Passenger airbag took about an hour for me. Wouldn't imagine clock spring would take much longer. Assuming they have parts of course.

The stock skidplate that covers the transfer case is just 4 bolts to drop it. Not sure what's involved there though as I didn't have that recall on mine.