Aftermarket Headunit

Jeepsk8

Hey jeepfans,
I’m looking on replacing my stock headunit on my 16 jku. To work with my aftermarket subwoofer and amp.
What’s my best option for something that’ll have supreme audio, allow me to use steering wheel controls, allow me to still use USB port for phone charging and iPod classic. CD player and built in navigation a plus. Most important would be audio quality and iPod accessibility 👍
Thx guys

Best advice is to go to crutchfield and follow those parameters. Their ordering process includes a checklist of what the head unit you order is capable of doing. Just put in your vehicle info and follow the guide. Check the options you want. This will get you down to perhaps a handful of options.

As an aside, in order to get steering controls and subwoofer controls you will have to buy a canbus, just expect around $100 for this. This is one of the big reasons for Crutchfield being the go to place. They make ordering and matching different components a breeze. They will even put the wiring harness together for you for a fee, then it is just plug and play.

I like Kenwood, but JVC, Alpine, Pioneer are all good. Read the reviews to see what folks think of various models.

Avoid Dual or duo (whatever it is called) and boss as well as Android 10 inch things as they are not purpose built. I don't think crutchfield sells them anyway.

Reactions: mrjp and Jeepsk8
Echo @MacGuyver up there. I just replaced my HU, roll bar speakers and added a sub. Used Crutchfield in this instance as well as in my old TJ. They are truly unmatched with the completeness of their orders, making sure you have the equipment necessary to keep things like your steering wheel controls and I'd say the best part is their customer service. I had to call twice with questions and both times my questions were answered in full and very timely.

Reactions: mrjp
I ordered my new headunit from crutchfield and got the the maestro rr2 all my steering wheel controls work i have air play and bluetooth. plus ive added a sub and new 6.5s all around.

note when programming your rr2 turn off Uconnect it caused issues with hands free, steerign wheel control, and connectivity

I ordered my new headunit from crutchfield and got the the maestro rr2 all my steering wheel controls work i have air play and bluetooth. plus ive added a sub and new 6.5s all around.

note when programming your rr2 turn off Uconnect it caused issues with hands free, steerign wheel control, and connectivity
I just completely took out the Uconnect device. Hooked up the microusb to the outgoing for the center console to work too. Love it!