Acceleration issues after heater core replacement

hther

I recently got my heater core replaced in my 2016 Jeep Wrangler and I noticed when I picked it up from the shop that the acceleration seemed off. I used to have no issues with acceleration but now my acceleration sometimes sounds louder/deeper and feels like an empty acceleration/it hesitates and doesn’t fully accelerate when I step on the gas. I notice it a lot more on hills and especially on the highway. I believe it’s also causing me to lose more gas (my average mpg has decreased from what it was before). Could this have been caused by the heater core replacement?

I recently got my heater core replaced in my 2016 Jeep Wrangler and I noticed when I picked it up from the shop that the acceleration seemed off. I used to have no issues with acceleration but now my acceleration sometimes sounds louder/deeper and feels like an empty acceleration/it hesitates and doesn’t fully accelerate when I step on the gas. I notice it a lot more on hills and especially on the highway. I believe it’s also causing me to lose more gas (my average mpg has decreased from what it was before). Could this have been caused by the heater core replacement?

No unless the Mechanic did something other then change the heater core. Is your CEL on?

That things that pop in my head that would cause this, should also turn on the CEL I would think. Spark plug not firing, exhaust partially plugged.

How long did the mechanic have your jeep? Did you have a loaner car during that time?

I would ask the mechanic what steps needed to be taken. For instance did this involve resetting the computer? Not sure what that specifically would lower your acceleration, but...?

Also, check all your fluids. mechanics can forget things on occasion.

That things that pop in my head that would cause this, should also turn on the CEL I would think. Spark plug not firing, exhaust partially plugged.

How long did the mechanic have your jeep? Did you have a loaner car during that time?

I would ask the mechanic what steps needed to be taken. For instance did this involve resetting the computer? Not sure what that specifically would lower your acceleration, but...?

Also, check all your fluids. mechanics can forget things on occasion.
The mechanic had my jeep for a week but because of outside factors (mechanic had a family emergency then we got hit with a nor’easter that knocked power out for a day and a half). They gave me a rental (an Altima) when the mechanic had a family emergency and they had to keep it for the weekend.

I’ll definitely follow up with them tomorrow just to get their opinion. I doubt it’s my fluids since I get them topped off at oil changes which I got ~2k miles ago but I’ll definitely double check. I appreciate your suggestions!