ABS & Traction control lights

msgntsu

This week I started my ‘16 JKU and soon after leaving house both lights came on. At first, I had no noticeable problems. They went off later that day and remained off on way home from work. The next day, I had the same issue. Fast forward to yesterday. I went over a speed bump in a parking lot and the traction control lights started flashing and I had reduced power when I pressed accelerator. It only last about 5-10 seconds. Today, I had lights on & off, but today after going through red light from stop, the traction lights started flashing again and I had power loss again, but for a longer time (probably 20-30 seconds). After than, I got power back and started going down the road and both lights went off and remained off for the rest of drive home (~10 minutes). Came home and parked and haven’t driven since.

Please advise on where I should start looking to solve problem.

Thx.

Reactions: vaffanculo
Aware that abs and traction control won't work if sensors disconnected ,but asking if can eliminate wheel speed sensors and still have abs etc, maybe rewire or reprogram!!??:; anyone found away??
Wheel sensors absolutely never ending problem especially for vehicles off-road, another dumb idea Mopar!!!

Aware that abs and traction control won't work if sensors disconnected ,but asking if can eliminate wheel speed sensors and still have abs etc, maybe rewire or reprogram!!??:; anyone found away??
Wheel sensors absolutely never ending problem especially for vehicles off-road, another dumb idea Mopar!!!

You can disable the ESC for Offroading, mine has a button to push and also there's info on Google on putting a switch for it also.

The wheel speed sensors is what makes the ABS and ESC work so you can't delete them.

Reactions: tJKrider
just a little more info. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it to a place to check the codes until tomorrow. I was hoping to check today, but it became too hard to drive yesterday, so I took another vehicle to work. Yesterday, I stopped to picked something up and when I left the skid control lights started flashing and then basically slowed me to a crawl speed. This went on for about 5 minutes. I switched the skid control off and it helped enough to get home, but not back to normal. Does this still sound like a speed sensor issue?

Thx

just a little more info. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it to a place to check the codes until tomorrow. I was hoping to check today, but it became too hard to drive yesterday, so I took another vehicle to work. Yesterday, I stopped to picked something up and when I left the skid control lights started flashing and then basically slowed me to a crawl speed. This went on for about 5 minutes. I switched the skid control off and it helped enough to get home, but not back to normal. Does this still sound like a speed sensor issue?

Thx

Need more info about your Jeep:

Is it lifted with bigger tires, or all stock?

Is your steering wheel centered when driving straight?

For the next few times your driving it switch the ESC off and see if it happens.

This week I started my ‘16 JKU and soon after leaving house both lights came on. At first, I had no noticeable problems. They went off later that day and remained off on way home from work. The next day, I had the same issue. Fast forward to yesterday. I went over a speed bump in a parking lot and the traction control lights started flashing and I had reduced power when I pressed accelerator. It only last about 5-10 seconds. Today, I had lights on & off, but today after going through red light from stop, the traction lights started flashing again and I had power loss again, but for a longer time (probably 20-30 seconds). After than, I got power back and started going down the road and both lights went off and remained off for the rest of drive home (~10 minutes). Came home and parked and haven’t driven since.

Please advise on where I should start looking to solve problem.

Thx.
Was it raining or slippery ? Sometimes one wheel will slip and cause that issue..if you have a check eng.light on go too autozone or advance auto they will scan it for free ..leaning toward a wheel sensor.

Reactions: BigAL07
Abs sensors will do strange things,I had a bad right front one.It made left caliper stick,tyranny shifted weird,It went bad and I did not get a light showing this I even replaced the caliper thinking it was bad.now that I replaced it all is back to normal.was well worth it buying a good scanner cause it told me which sensor was bad.Also with this be careful when you try to get the old sensor out as it will break off real easy and it's a hassle to get it out.