ABS light

Woodcut

Lifetime Supporting Member
The abs light goes on normal after turning key and immediately goes out so this is normal. At times while running it comes on and stays on for usually a few minutes and then goes off. If I press the brake peddle it often goes out. I am not sure if this is something I need to be concerned about. Anyone ever experience this?

If there isn’t any code stored you can use jscan and set the live readings to read wheel speed and if any of them drop to zero or are off from the others / actual speed your going then most likely that WS is bad.

Try your cruise control next time the light comes on. If it doesn’t work it’s probably a wheel speed sensor nutting out or caked up with brake dust. As mentioned above JScan will tell u which one 🍺🍺

As many times as I have posted this, you'd almost think that it would be the first thing everyone would check...
The factory clamp on the battery cables is absolute shit.

I know. You're thinking, "WTF does the battery clamp have to do with my ABS light going on and off?"

Just go pull, twist, & wiggle that negative terminal and see if it moves at all.
If so, then you're experiencing the same exact issue that I had on our '15 JKUR.

ABS light coming on randomly while driving.
I needed ZERO parts to fix the issue, I just bent the fingers on the negative clamp so that it gripped the battery post better when tightened.
I know replacing the clamp is the right answer, but I've been indecisive on which replacement I want to go with and my 'fix' has held up fine so far.

After you try this and it doesn't solve the issue, THEN look at wheel speed sensors.