Abs, esp bas, speedometer

MarlVis

Good day. I have an assortment of lights on the dash I could use help with. ABS, ESP Bas, traction control, brake, CEL lights on. After going down the rabbit hole I replaced both rear speed sensors, sent the abs module to upfix to be rebuilt, it had an internal fault error, so they replaced the part and ran diagnostics on everything else, it should be good as new and apparently the added bonus of doing it this way is that it won’t need to be FLASHED since it’s the original VIN part. After doing this I still had the lights on, took it to advanced auto to get scanned. The ABS came back as okay surprisingly however the lights remain on. Two other codes showed up, one I. The power train system to replace the exhaust gas recirculation valve EGR valve. P0406, U1110 lost vehicle speed message, U1120 lost wheel distance message. They suggested to Google reset sequences for the jeep. I tried to disconnect the batter and put pos onto neg for 30 seconds to reset ecm, and turned headlights on and off. Once power restored. I tried to do a instrument cluster reset and check, it seemed to go through all the start up as described. I tried the reset with the steering wheel to the right then left 3 times, and I tried one where I pushed the key in to the column from the ON position to the off position 3 times and ending in the on. When I started back up, the CEL light disappeared for a bit but all other lights remained on. Took it for a drive, and now the speedometer doesn’t work??? Is there another reset I need to do now that the abs module and speed sensors have been replaced? I will next go through the hassle of replacing the EGR valve that sounds so fun. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. 2008 4 door 2wd wrangler unlimited X. Standard wheels no other modifications other then Upgraded LED headlights. Thanks in advance

Do you have to get your vehicles inspected every year? If you don't mind the CEL light being on you really don't need the EGR.

I deleted my EGR 3 years ago because the inside of my intake manifold was all black from it.

Is your steering wheel centered when driving straight?

Reactions: BigAL07
Do you have to get your vehicles inspected every year? If you don't mind the CEL light being on you really don't need the EGR.

I deleted my EGR 3 years ago because the inside of my intake manifold was all black from it.

Is your steering wheel centered when driving straight?
I am looking to fix up the 2008 jeep to sell it, since I just bought the 2021 Sahara unlimited . The lights didn’t bother us much, but just want to fix what I can before I sell, and I know how nervous lights make potential buyers. I will check out the steering today and get back to you. Thank you for your time and input.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Good day. So I checked the steering and traveling a straight line I did notice that there is a slight right of the wheel so the jeep logo on the steering wheel is angled right by about 15- 20 degrees. Replaced the egr valve yesterday and took it to auto one for a code reading. My previous issues have been resolved, secondary code is “lost wheel distance message” and “lost vehicle speed message”. Interior lights on still include, CEL, ESP/BAS, traction control, ABS. Speedometer is NOT active. I tried also replacing the speed sensors back to the old ones before I had the speedometer issue, tried on old one new, two old, back to two new, and in all cases the speedometer never came back active, so I left it with the new ones installed. When I do the cluster diagnosis by pressing in the trip reset button while turning the car ignition to on, it goes through the full sequence and doesn’t show any error codes. All gauges come alive as intended during the self check, but the drive test still shows no speedometer reading. Other then the lights and no speedometer the jeep is actually running quite good. Good pick up, breaks good, emergency brake works good. All lights are working, not sure what to do next. The dealership wants me to set up a $250 service appointments to do a diagnostic check which I think is bs to just reset some lights.

image.jpg

The steering wheel needs to be pretty much dead center.

Did you use OEM speed sensors?

Maybe the connector's pins have some damage or corrosion or else a wire is bad.

To adjust the steering wheel the drag link is adjustable, or it is on mine anyway. Try getting the wheels as straight as possible then turn the key to unlock the steering wheel then turn the sleeve on the drag link after loosening the collars.