ABS and traction control lights keep coming on

rbhazie

My ABS and traction control lights keep coming on. Turning the jeep off and starting again the lights will turn off after driving a few miles and getting up to 40mph the jeep will buck a little and the lights will come back on and the jeep smoothes back out and drives normal. Tried to check for a code on the dash and nothing comes up. I have a 2016 Sahara unlimited.

Have you used an OBDII scanner to scan it for codes (both pending and stored)? That's where you need to start.

Have you used an OBDII scanner to scan it for codes (both pending and stored)? That's where you need to start.
Yes, I went to my local AutoZone store to use there scanner and no code would come up. They told me that I would have to go to a dealer to get that done.

Reactions: JeepLuvr1954
Yes, I went to my local AutoZone store to use there scanner and no code would come up. They told me that I would have to go to a dealer to get that done.
most OBD scanners don't identify wheel speed sensor or abs problems, I have the same thing going on with my jeep, pain in the butt

Reactions: Chris
Had the same problem, this scanner worked today for me. $90

27A4922B-3F51-4222-9633-A71AF8CBF7D8.jpeg

Check your cruise control. If it doesn’t work it is probably a wheel speed sensor. Happened twice to me. Both times it was the sensors. First left rear then the right

A- This thread has been dead for almost 3 years now, so I bet it's been resolved.
B- The issue is more likely related to the shitty, stamped and folded factory battery terminals than a failed sensor.
C- You have fallen victim to the "similar thread" curse.