ABS and Traction Control Lights after Brake Repair

rodss67

I just replaced my front calipers with new Raybestos calipers on my 2016 Wrangler. Brakes work great. The problem is now when i start the Jeep both lights come on after about 10 seconds and stay on for about 30 seconds and then turn off and everything is good. Could using aftermarket parts have anyting to do with this?

Thanks in advance

I just replaced my front calipers with new Raybestos calipers on my 2016 Wrangler. Brakes work great. The problem is now when i start the Jeep both lights come on after about 10 seconds and stay on for about 30 seconds and then turn off and everything is good. Could using aftermarket parts have anyting to do with this?

Thanks in advance

Calipers shouldn't make any lights come on if they are working properly.

Reactions: BigAL07
Not sure if there is an impact or not, but the system may need to be bleed. When we replaced my son’s calipers we did the brake bred procedure using JScan. There was a serious of steps which activated the ABS. I assume the ABS light is coming on?

I did bleed the brakes and I have good pedal. As my post says it comes on about 10 seconds after starting the Jeep and stays on for about 30 seconds and then goes out.

I figured you bled the brakes. I’m not an expert so I’m not sure what exactly happens when the ABS system is activated to bleed the brakes. When we did ours jscan activated the ABS. You could hear it kick in, feel the pumping action then you’d open the bleeder valve. We did then a couple of times at the directions on the Jscan app. It walked us through the process.

I figured you bled the brakes. I’m not an expert so I’m not sure what exactly happens when the ABS system is activated to bleed the brakes. When we did ours jscan activated the ABS. You could hear it kick in, feel the pumping action then you’d open the bleeder valve. We did then a couple of times at the directions on the Jscan app. It walked us through the process.
Thanks I will check it out. I took it for a ride today and parked it to go shopping for about an hour. When I came out I'd did not come on. But when I got home and let it sit for 7 hours the light came on and went out like the original problem. Thanks for the info.

I just replaced speed sensor on RR. Abs and track control lights still on after driving around town... not a highway speed yet. No codes are indicated. Removed negative batt term but still on. Thx

Update. Finally JScan threw a code for LR speed sensor. All good now. BTW a local garage did LR sensor even though I gave him the code, and showed him the JScan he charged $80 to run his code reader. Jiffy Lube did the RR sensor and $15 to run their code reader... refundable when the repair is made.