4th gear wobble

Readbeckford

Supporting Member
My 2009 2dr JK has a noticeable wobble in the steering wheel and the shifter when shifting into 4th gear and accelerating. It doesn’t require hitting a bump to cause it. Sometimes just slight rough road does it. Feels like it would be related to the transmission mounts and lots I read supporting that on older models. But not JKs. Any thoughts?

My 2009 2dr JK has a noticeable wobble in the steering wheel and the shifter when shifting into 4th gear and accelerating. It doesn’t require hitting a bump to cause it. Sometimes just slight rough road does it. Feels like it would be related to the transmission mounts and lots I read supporting that on older models. But not JKs. Any thoughts?

The shifter wobble could be motor and or trans mounts.

Steering wheel could be the steering gearbox or anything related to the front axle.

Thanks. I appreciate that input. Any good options for instructions on how to change out? Tons of YouTube on the older models. Having trouble finding JK options.

The 3.8 Jk manual transmission does tend to translate quite a bit of movement to the shift nob. My 2009 JKUR does this, though it is not tied to a specific gear. I've heard from others that it's normal.

Reactions: Readbeckford