33’s vs 35’s fuel economy

TargetOz

Hi guys,

Thinking about up sizing from 33’s to 35’s has anyone done this and what was the difference in your fuel economy?

Currently my unlimited rubicon auto with 2” lift and 33’s averages at 12.5ltrs/100 combined driving city and Highway.

Thanks in advance
Steve

You can get a tall skinny tire that would give you good MPG's over a typical 35" tire. Depending on your wheel size it would be a 255/ something /something.

It's close to 34" tall.

If I drove a cow, I would get better gas mileage then a jeep lol. I'm also looking into 35s and know that my gas mileage will tank but I'm okay with that. My Tj gets worse gas mileage then my Jku, lol

Screenshot_20220419-082054_Chrome.jpg

If you are worried about fuel economy, I would not lift it or put larger tires, better yet sell it and get a Prius haha.
Or you could get one of the 4xe's. They get very decent around-town mileage, though mainly because your paying an electric bill instead. They also have a reduced gasoline tank, so, on a long trip you'll revert to typical Jeep mileage and even need to stop more frequently than a straight gasoline.

• Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp