3.8L oil leak

Haddakin

I own a 2008 Jk 3.8L with 67,000 miles. I am a little new to the Jeep world and discovered the very common oil leak on the 3.8 motor. I noticed there is no oil coming from the valve cover gasket. Therefore, I figured it was the upper oil pan gasket. I replaced that gasket and still have a small oil drip. I noticed a bolt hole next to my oil pan that I was missing a bolt. I did some research on forums but could not find an answer as to what this bolt hole is for. Forgive my ignorance, like I said I am a little new to the Jeep world. Could anyone tell me what this bolt hole is for? Thanks
484856EF-65CF-440B-BB16-048931455250.jpeg

CB0512D8-C286-4C39-A308-2F3F1AA7FF77.jpeg

Without going out and looking at mine i'd take a guess and say it's just a location for a accessory to be bolted to the block. These engines are used in the T&C Vans also so it might have been used for the T&C's.

It kinda does look like oil at the bottom of the Bellhousing area in your first picture. If it is it could be the rear main seal.

I see you have a low mile JK like my 2008 it has 73,000 miles.

The first photo isn’t of my jeep. It’s of one I found on a forum with the bolt in place. The second photo is of mine with the bolt missing. But thanks for the reply. My oil leak is very minor. Just a couple drips I noticed on the garage floor.

Have you tried rechecking the oil pan bolts just to see if a couple may have come loose.