2020 Wrangler JL transmission problem

srob

2020 wrangler JL Sahara just 2 1/2 months old (3k miles on it) stopped at light and refused to reverse or move forward. Engine light came up when the issue occurred. When shifting the gear to D (gear D blinks), it says shift to P . I am very upset with the transmission issue on my new JK. Jeep was towed by Chrysler Road side assistance (Scheduling road side assistance was quick and easy, but it took 90 minutes to reach me). Jeep is with dealer now, based on the diagnostics code, service dept. said transmission must be replaced. Parts ordered, wait time 3 - 4 days for parts. I have opened a case with Jeep on this issue. The customer service representative said, this is the first time she is hearing about the transmission issue on 2020 Wrangler JL!

Any one experienced similar issue.

** I posted as JK, it is JL ( current model).

--Rob

Last edited:
2020 wrangler JK Sahara just 2 1/2 months old (3k miles on it) stopped at light and refused to reverse or move forward. Engine light came up when the issue occurred. When shifting the gear to D (gear D blinks), it says shift to P . I am very upset with the transmission issue on my new JK. Jeep was towed by Chrysler Road side assistance (Scheduling road side assistance was quick and easy, but it took 90 minutes to reach me). Jeep is with dealer now, based on the diagnostics code, service dept. said transmission must be replaced. Parts ordered, wait time 3 - 4 days for parts. I have opened a case with Jeep on this issue. The customer service representative said, this is the first time she is hearing about the transmission issue on 2020 Wrangler JK!

Any one experienced similar issue.

--Rob
I guarantee this will be the last 2020 JL this happens too also. Sorry for your loss

Well, you'll probably have more luck asking this on a JL Forum, as this is a JK forum ;)

However, makes me definitely want to hold off on a JL. Clearly they are still working out a lot of little issues with those things.

4 banger or V6 ?
Two banger - the new JL must have mini transmission something like this?
1580846295949.png