2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport-Oil Cooler

Rockinrod

One more issue. I spotted an oil leak coming from the back drivers side of the engine, and running down to the bottom where those two rubber inserts are near the oil pan. I think those are main seal weeper hole covers...

Took it in to the dealership December 17th. They replaced the oil cooler, said it was leaking.

I noticed today three weeks later, it still is, same place. And funny thing is, looks exactly like the same location and amount of fresh oil coming down the same spot.

Now I'm thinking, I wonder if the mis-diagnosed the leak location. Is there anything else up there other than the oil cooler, valve cover gaskets that could be leaking?

I initially thought it was the oil sending unit. Not sure where that is located but there is a component about three inches away from that 02 sensor they changed that looks like it has oil around it. Can't see much above that...Is this the Oil Sending unit?

Thanks in advance!

Rodney

OS-1.jpg

OS-2.jpg

I'm pretty sure the oil sending units on the 3.6's is located on the oil cooler on top of the engine.
Those sending unit were notorious for getting hairline cracks in them and leaking on those older 60-80's cars...I changed many a one..It was just a thought..I'll see if i can google that and get the precise location.

Those sending unit were notorious for getting hairline cracks in them and leaking on those older 60-80's cars...I changed many a one..It was just a thought..I'll see if i can google that and get the precise location.

I remember changing a few on smallblock chevys, they weren't the easiest to get to.

Reactions: Rockinrod