2016 JKU problem with the Cats

rustybottoms88

Just bought this 2016 JKU Sport from my brother. 106K miles on it. Cats are throwing codes and radio cuts out. Plan to replace radio. Open to suggestions on the cats. Trying to avoid spending $500 a piece on OEM cats. Looking forward to many miles with this one. Thanks for the chance.
2016 JKU.jpg

Is it the Cats or the downstream O2's Codes? Have you looked at the Cats to see if they look original or have been replaced?

Reactions: Dirty Dog
I don't get why people use OEM parts, in general. They're pretty much always over priced, and aftermarket products perform as well or better.

I don't get why people use OEM parts, in general. They're pretty much always over priced, and aftermarket products perform as well or better.

Sometimes you get lucky and non-oem will work and other times they don't and you end up having to buy oem to get it fixed. It's been proven a few times, for some reason these Jeeps are picky about what's installed on them.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Is it the Cats or the downstream O2's Codes? Have you looked at the Cats to see if they look original or have been replaced?
Trouble code P0430. I haven't done much troubleshooting yet besides reading the codes but at a quick glance it appears the cats are stock.

Trouble code P0430. I haven't done much troubleshooting yet besides reading the codes but at a quick glance it appears the cats are stock.
That error code could be a fairly long list of exhaust related problems. You want to check the possible causes, or have someone who knows Wranglers do it before loading the parts cannon. That code is specific to bank 2 for whatever that's worth.

Reactions: mrjp