2015 Sahara stock radio locks up and resets all the time

Fourmustangs

I have the radio issue were it will lockup and then reset all the time. I have the nav and alpine system as well.

Seen most radio issues about amfm issues.
Hadn't seen were this issue is solved. As seen some radios replaced just to do it again.
Just got this jk, I've had a 2005 LJR for awhile

20200309_205226.jpg

Reactions: Dorite
I've heard of this issue a lot, and I have yet to hear of an actual solution. Many say they replaced the head unit and it solved the issues, but many say that even after replacing the head unit, the issues still persist.

Personally, if you want my opinion, I'd ditch the crappy factory head unit and get an aftermarket one.

One of the reasons I replaced my stock head unit with an Alpine X409. It has been glitch-free since. I believe the vibration from the Jeep has something to do with it, and the radio head just was not engineered enough to withstand it.

One of the reasons I replaced my stock head unit with an Alpine X409. It has been glitch-free since. I believe the vibration from the Jeep has something to do with it, and the radio head just was not engineered enough to withstand it.

currently its doing it every few minutes driving or not...so it def getting replaced

so when i dont really mess with it am/fm and those presets work.

when I mess with sirius xm and press the buttons alot it freezes and also does not save presets on sat. Weird