2015 Rubicon Radio Reception

Mharper3

I just purchased a 2015 Rubicon and it was not able to get the same radio stations that I was in my 2013 ram.

I replaced the factory head unit with a pioneer NEX 8600 and hoped this would help and I wanted to have apple car play and a back up camera.

I am still not getting the same radio reception as my Ram. Does anyone know of an antenna replacement that may help with this?

The previous owner didn't put a stubby antenna on did they? Beyond that, if there are aftermarket LED lights on the jeep, they can kill reception as well.

Reactions: mrjp and JeepJeezy
The previous owner didn't put a stubby antenna on did they? Beyond that, if there are aftermarket LED lights on the jeep, they can kill reception as well.
I have horrible reception because the previous owner of my JK put a stubby antenna on mine. I bluetooth most of my music

I just purchased a 2015 Rubicon and it was not able to get the same radio stations that I was in my 2013 ram.

I replaced the factory head unit with a pioneer NEX 8600 and hoped this would help and I wanted to have apple car play and a back up camera.

I am still not getting the same radio reception as my Ram. Does anyone know of an antenna replacement that may help with this?

If you don't have a stubby installed as others have already mentioned, the only real problem you could have here is a bad connection (corrosion) where the antenna screws in on the outside of the Jeep, where it plugs into the head unit, or the unlikely problem of bad wiring between the antenna and the head unit.

You can use an voltmeter to ohm out the connections which is a pretty simple process. Get some electrical contact cleaning spray, remove the antenna, and give it a few good blasts to clean it out.

You can ohm out the antenna itself too, bending it a little bit to see if the resistance change. It should be really low...only a few ohms..and shouldn't change when you move it.

I had an antenna with a small crack in it once, and found the problem by bending it slightly while testing resistance across the antenna.

Reactions: mrjp