2015 JK just clicks when trying to start while hot

Darrinmy

Need help

my Jeep runs great and starts without issues until I drive for 45 min or more. I’ve had issues when stopping for gas and trying to restart. It just clicks, once it cools it starts as normal.

I have replaced the battery with no change.

any ideas?

thanks..

Need help

my Jeep runs great and starts without issues until I drive for 45 min or more. I’ve had issues when stopping for gas and trying to restart. It just clicks, once it cools it starts as normal.

any ideas?

thanks..

Did you clean the battery clamps? Could be a bad starter.

Reactions: mrjp
Thanks for the reply. Battery clamps have are clean and look good. Would the starter be hot when driving? As it’s only use is to start.

Thanks for the reply. Battery clamps have are clean and look good. Would the starter be hot when driving? As it’s only use is to start.

It would get heat from the engine and exhaust, unless it's pretty cold where you live then I wouldn't think that would be the issue.

Reactions: mrjp
Need help

any ideas?

thanks..

Is it an automatic and does it click like this?

It does click just like that but only when hot. Never an issue wihen cold. I’ve tried the shifter trick. No luck.

Starter can get heat soak, that's why it comes from the factory with a heat shield.

You're either getting heak soak, or something is expanding under heat like a solder joint or something.

Reactions: BigAL07