2014 jku Slow transformation

chinorx3

Hi
Haven’t posted . This is my 2nd JKU. The first one i bought it did everything cheap I can to make it look good but ended up selling it . Missed it so bought another one 2 years later , same year and model . Now trying to do it once right . I already started to strip it down i’m changing colors since first one was red and 2nd one is red . 2nd one came with a soft top and so far liking soft top

IMG_2076.jpeg

And this was my old jeep on 35” . i really liked it but felt like i was doing it cheap and got rid of it

A6D0057D-07E1-4C42-88BA-ECB6FD384D40.jpeg

Well anyway it looks good but now i want it to be better . I want to see how i can built a front dana 44 in a budget and done right . Can i use any of my front dana 30 for a dana 44. i’m just trying to price out if worth it or just upgrade my 30 but i don’t want to go that route . I have1 other big project that is my main focus so that’s the reason for budget built . any help i would appreciate

IMG_4039.jpeg

I thought the knuckles or something fit . I guess i’ll price out buying a 44 if too much i guess i’ll truss the 30 and re gear only for now. i’m doing 37” this time .
They will. But how does it makes sense to upgrade to a D44 and then put the weak D30 knuckles on it? Especially since the D44 knuckles only cost around $100 new. Buy a salvage yard D44 and it will have... you guessed it...the D44 knuckles.

I'm running 37's on my 30. It's trussed and when the axles break I'll upgrade to chromoly axles. Unless you plan on playing in the rocks, you really don't need a 44. Just my .02 though. The locker is a nice upgrade on the 44

Reactions: tJKrider