2014 JK HVAC air won’t blow on feet

RevKevHas

Supporting Member
On my Jeep the HVAC system will blow hot, cool, or AC on defrost and dash vents but not on feet.
I removed the actuator and gear and cleaned it all up and reinstalled it. Still not blowing on feet when chosen.
It will blow on feet temporarily while actuator rotates the gear past the feet option to the defrost.
When the actuator was removed but still connected to wiring it would only move all the way from dash vent to defrost but wouldn’t move at all when any options between were chosen.
Is this an actuator problem or dash control selector problem?
Any experience with this would be greatly appreciated!!

IMG_5968.jpeg

Typically it's the blend actuator door.
You mean the one that blends between hot and cold that is under the steering column? That one seems to work perfectly. What I am having problems with is the one that selects between defrost, vent, and feet and the mixing of them. For example feet and defrost will only blow at a lower level on defrost but not at all on feet. It will blow on the extremes of dash vents or defrost but nothing in between those places on the dial selector. Does the blend door affect that also?

Sorry. Brain fart. I'm old.
Testing it is pretty easy, since you've got it out. Apply power to each pin position and see if the mechanism moves appropriately. If it does, then the problem is either the selector switch or the wiring.

Reactions: RevKevHas