2013 Wrangler brake switch wiring for towing behind an RV

Lee

New to form. Bought a 2013 wrangler sport to tow behind motor home. Need to know brake switch wiring diagram, need to know which wire goes from brake light switch to brake lights when pedal is pushed so I can wire a indicator light in MH to notify me when jeep brake is pulled with NSA surge brake system.

Thanks already looked at that it don't show what I need. I need to know which wire sends the signal from the switch to the brake lights when you press the pedal. I have to splice into that wire to run to a indicator light I will mount in dash.

If I didn't want to pay for an expert to install, I would put a simple 4 prong trailer plug on the back of the rv , and string a wire outside the jeep to a couple of magnetic towing lights.

Of interest might be that when installing a trailer hitch on the JK, the wiring harness for the trailer was a single connection to the jeeps driver side tail light. So that would be where I would experiment with making a connection to the jeeps taillight while minimizing the possibility of causing future electronic problems.

Thanks, I don't need to tow behind the jeep, needed to run a wire from the jeep to the dash in the motor home. I have found the wire and done the install.

Thanks, I don't need to tow behind the jeep, needed to run a wire from the jeep to the dash in the motor home. I have found the wire and done the install.
I want to do a similar thing. How do I remove and re-install the brake switch and which wire sends the signal to the lights?

New to form. Bought a 2013 wrangler sport to tow behind motor home. Need to know brake switch wiring diagram, need to know which wire goes from brake light switch to brake lights when pedal is pushed so I can wire a indicator light in MH to notify me when jeep brake is pulled with NSA surge brake system.
Lee Did you ever figure out which wire was the hot wire on this? I'm installing the exact same setup on my 2011 JK and can't find a diagram for the brake switch wiring.
Thanks,
Chris

Speaking from experience I want to warn anyone that wants to just run wires on the outside of their jeep to magnetic mount lights. The wires will scratch the paint wherever it makes contact. Before I flat towed my TJ I had had a car on a tow dolly and had magnetic lights on the trunk.

20170102_145434.jpg

Reactions: Largehit71 and mrjp