2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Tyre Help

Brownstainz

Hey Guys!

I live in Australia and it is Illegal to get Spacers or a lift that is greater than 2 Inches for a Wrangler unless you get it from what I am aware of at least.

I am wondering if it is possible to fit 295/70/R17 tyres on Sport Wrangler with only a 2 Inch lift or even a 1.5 Inch lift (Different company only does 1.5). OR should I stick to 285/70/R17. The third option is going to 275/70/R18 but I hear that sticking too R17 is smart.

last night a did hours of research and learnt about wheel offsets and I can essentially use these as my spacers. Now I also want to make it clear that this Jeep has and will be used for aggressive off roading and would love to know if I can get these 295s to work.
Thanks!

Reactions: vaffanculo
Get wheels with less backspacing, replace the junk plastic fender flares with high clearance metal ones, and grab your cutoff wheel and a hammer. It'll be fine. If it's going to be used for "aggressive off roading", you can't be super concerned about the bodywork.

Hey Guys!

I live in Australia and it is Illegal to get Spacers or a lift that is greater than 2 Inches for a Wrangler unless you get it from what I am aware of at least.

I am wondering if it is possible to fit 295/70/R17 tyres on Sport Wrangler with only a 2 Inch lift or even a 1.5 Inch lift (Different company only does 1.5). OR should I stick to 285/70/R17. The third option is going to 275/70/R18 but I hear that sticking too R17 is smart.

last night a did hours of research and learnt about wheel offsets and I can essentially use these as my spacers. Now I also want to make it clear that this Jeep has and will be used for aggressive off roading and would love to know if I can get these 295s to work.
Thanks!
I wouldn't waste my money on spacers the look is awesome but the danger and your safety and your family of having them outweighs the looks .if you like that look get a wheel with a larger offset you will achieve the same look and its way safer. With spacers you have to resource them evey month and those tires aren't light its a back breaking job...but that is only my opinion its your rig

Reactions: Danarch
And to answer your original question - 295s are ~33” tires. Two inch lift should clear them easily. You’ll need new wheels to get the proper backspacing and prevent rubbing.