2012 Engine cut out while driving

Diazcara

So driving home today, my 2012 wrangler cut put, engine stopped at the bottom 9f a hill, all power lights still on, just stopped & had no steering....put it in park and restarted fine, continued home and turned off and restarted again...what would cause this? It's a new alternator, battery is like 2 years old......

Just because a battery is only 2 years old they can fail early just like any part. Check your charging volts at the battery with the Jeep running.

Make sure your battery clamps are clean along with the battery terminals. Clean other grounds on engine and around other places on the Jeep.

Reactions: mrjp
I'll have to get someone to check that, terminals and.clamps.are spotless, I checked.those when I got.home..I had replaced with marine terminals after I got it

I'll have to get someone to check that, terminals and.clamps.are spotless, I checked.those when I got.home..I had replaced with marine terminals after I got it

Is your CEL on if so maybe set off a code that could let you know of a possible problem.

So the mechanic had my jeep.for almost 2 weeks, said it was coding knock.sensors so replaced that and did a tune up. I get in it to drive home and I stalls.out three times turning it around.so he gets in we drive around d and it's fine. So I drive off and the throttle light and traction light come on and I can't accelerate. It does this 12 times on my ride home and seems.to do it mostly turning or just steering right. Could this be where they unhooked the throttle to replace knock sensors? Or maybe the pedal sensor? It's scary to drive, he said he would.pick it up Monday and try to see what's going on...I won't drive it this way.....so confused

Try this to reset your Throttle body.

I actually sent this to my mechanic yesterday morning, he has it again and is taking it to the electrical guys Monday. It was too scary for me to try to drive but we'll hope it works....I'm at a loss and haven't had my jeep for 2 weeks now. Thank you so much