2011 Jeep wrangler crank no start

Blk2drubi

Hello,

I’ve stalked the forum for years now and hoping you guys can point me in the right direction

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler 6 speed and the other day I parked it, went back out to start it and crank and no start. My first thought was fuel pump because I had installed a Motobilt tank about a year back and figured something was up. Tested with a battery straight to the pump and it kicked on. Ran Jscan to see the codes and nothing came up.

Next started checking the TIPM because I read though the forum it was a common issue. Jumped the m25 fuse to the m7 fuse to see if I could get the fuel pump to kick on, nothing.

Checked with my multimeter, I’m getting power to the m25 when keyed on and I’m getting power to the fuel pump plug at the first and last pin on the connector, which from what I’ve read should be positive and ground for the pump

Threw a cam sensor at it just to see if what would help, nothing

Cleaned and checked grounds tonight to see if it was just a bad ground, no luck there either

Last thing on my list is the crank shaft sensor, I pulled mine and checked for continuity, everything seemed alright but I’m going to test a new one out tomorrow.

Not sure what else is left to check, any help is greatly appreciated, will keep you guys updated if I find anything else

Hello,

I’ve stalked the forum for years now and hoping you guys can point me in the right direction

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler 6 speed and the other day I parked it, went back out to start it and crank and no start. My first thought was fuel pump because I had installed a Motobilt tank about a year back and figured something was up. Tested with a battery straight to the pump and it kicked on. Ran Jscan to see the codes and nothing came up.

Next started checking the TIPM because I read though the forum it was a common issue. Jumped the m25 fuse to the m7 fuse to see if I could get the fuel pump to kick on, nothing.

Checked with my multimeter, I’m getting power to the m25 when keyed on and I’m getting power to the fuel pump plug at the first and last pin on the connector, which from what I’ve read should be positive and ground for the pump

Threw a cam sensor at it just to see if what would help, nothing

Cleaned and checked grounds tonight to see if it was just a bad ground, no luck there either

Last thing on my list is the crank shaft sensor, I pulled mine and checked for continuity, everything seemed alright but I’m going to test a new one out tomorrow.

Not sure what else is left to check, any help is greatly appreciated, will keep you guys updated if I find anything else

How about a bad wire that maybe a critter was chewing on.

Oddly, this is consistent w/ the non-start issue I had 2 different times on our 2015.
Replaced the battery the first time.

The culprit was the factory negative battery clamp.
It spun on the post and caused very poor contact, resulting in what seemed to be a completely dead JK.

Replaced the battery and clamps and it has been good ever since.

Reactions: BigAL07 and Danarch