2010 JK Wrangler OEM Rubicon Electronic Front Sway Bar Rebuild

Fravel2010

I recently eliminated the Electronic Front Sway Bar on my 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I was wondering if there was a place to have it rebuilt? Seems doable just not interested in doin it myself.

OP is asking about the rubicon sway bar, which is electronic.
I assume you’re wanting to sell it due to the value? Can’t recommend a shop but, it isn’t a hard job at all. Selling it after a rebuild without proving it works however…..

If you are wanting to sell it, you may be able to sell it as is. There is an aftermarket manual system that people use. I am actually looking for one for the right price, but they are usually too high for me. I’ll just get the wife some quick links.

With the aftermarket manual setup the sway bar can be used on multiple Jeeps. I am not sure if the sway bar from 2007-2011 and 2012 to 2018 is interchangeable or not, if they are it can be used on any of those years.

If you are wanting to sell it, you may be able to sell it as is. There is an aftermarket manual system that people use. I am actually looking for one for the right price, but they are usually too high for me. I’ll just get the wife some quick links.

With the aftermarket manual setup the sway bar can be used on multiple Jeeps. I am not sure if the sway bar from 2007-2011 and 2012 to 2018 is interchangeable or not, if they are it can be used on any of those years.

What would the right price be for as is?

What would the right price be for as is?

Price varies wildly in this area, quick search shows 175 to 600 with 600 being a working unit. I just reworked mine after a mishap, paid 300 for the actuator and 150 for a new wiring harness.

@Danarch The evo manual system isn’t too bad, around 120$.

An interest in purchasing my recently removed as is electronic sway bar?

I don’t suppose I have a need for it right now. If the actuator is still good, with some patience it will sell. That 1 piece is the bulk of the sway bar price at around 2k from an aftermarket company.

Edit to say, I was wrong…3k! :oops: Which is why most people, like you, go to a manual version when they break.

IMG_0161.jpeg

Assuming it does not work I am guessing around $300 from a few I’ve seen. As @1o1Proof said $120 for the manual setup. For a total of $420 I’ll just get the disconnect links.

I am sure price varies by region.

Unless I’m missing something here, which is very possible cause I’m stupid…your jeep is a rubicon and therefore has the electronic sway bar. If it has failed, then you can add the manual evo system for $120 and be set.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always heard the electronic swaybar is a piece of crap.