2010 JK Sport won't start, won't crank, won't even click

Did you get it running, i'll bet you wasn't pushing the clutch pedal in for the safety switch to make.
Tried 4L but still won’t start. Was able to get to the starter and it isn’t getting power but the relay is getting power. Somewhere between the starter relay and the starter I’m losing power.

Tried 4L but still won’t start. Was able to get to the starter and it isn’t getting power but the relay is getting power. Somewhere between the starter relay and the starter I’m losing power.

Do you have 12v at the big cable on the starter?

Trans in neutral, if necessary have someone with foot on the brake pedal.
I meant, how do I get electricity down there safely. It is a really tight area. I can barely get my fingers in there. I don’t think I have any hope of getting jumper cables down there without changing my hair style.

I meant, how do I get electricity down there safely. It is a really tight area. I can barely get my fingers in there. I don’t think I have any hope of getting jumper cables down there without changing my hair style.

I haven't tried it but can't you use a screwdriver and touch on the starters battery post to the small post from the ign switch on the starter. Or use one of these.

Last edited:
I haven't tried it but can't you use a screwdriver and touch on the starters battery post to the small post from the ign switch on the starter. Or use one of these.

That link didn’t work but I understand what you are saying now. Starter is getting power by the way. I think it is just the solenoid. Hold on. I’ll see if I can get a spark.

When I do that, it cranks, but it doesn’t turn over or start.

Well, I thought maybe it was an ignition issue and I broken the little plastic pin that goes into the ignition switch. So now, the Jeep won’t start and I have to figure out where to find that little plastic piece to replace it.