2008 JK with PO172 and PO300 codes

Topher51

I have a 2008 wrangler unlimited x jk. I've been getting Po172 and PO300 codes,with flashing cel. Have replace maf sensor, map sensor, crankshaft position sensor. Garage replaced #4 injector and fixed two air leaks. Still got codes. I need help with this . Could it be a bad pcm?

Have you put a scanner on it to see what it says is the problem? po172 says it could be a o2 sensor.

po300 could be spark plugs, how many miles on the engine, when was last tune up?

When replacing engine parts especially electrical use OEM or you can have problems yet.

Reactions: BigAL07
Have you put a scanner on it to see what it says is the problem? po172 says it could be a o2 sensor.

po300 could be spark plugs, how many miles on the engine, when was last tune up?

When replacing engine parts especially electrical use OEM or you can have problems yet.
02 sensors are good. spark plugs, plug wires and coil pack were all put on @3 months ago.
Put on new map sensor. New maf(air intake temp. sensor. New #4 injector and two air leaks fixed. Catalytic converter is good

Not on a Jeep but others I've had 02's bad, not throwing a code. If you have access to a good scanner to read all 4 02's you could see if it's dumping extra fuel. That will give you the P0300 (misfire) code. Watch below will explain better.

Maybe an independent shop or somebody on here (this site) that lives near you. If you were closer, I would do it. A scan tool runs from about $300.00 to $500.00 will read the 02's.

Maybe an independent shop or somebody on here (this site) that lives near you. If you were closer, I would do it. A scan tool runs from about $300.00 to $500.00 will read the 02's.
I had it at a garage for two days and they couldn't figure it out. I think a 02 sensor may be bad without throwing a code, like you mentioned. Garage said they were all good, but didn't know how to test the PCM, so...Or pcm is going. But, I am looking for a local garage that knows what they're doing.

Reactions: mrjp and Brad
Jscan & a good obdii dongle will read O2 codes, too, for about $50.

Screenshot_20220502-071503.png

I have a 2008 wrangler unlimited x jk. I've been getting Po172 and PO300 codes,with flashing cel. Have replace maf sensor, map sensor, crankshaft position sensor. Garage replaced #4 injector and fixed two air leaks. Still got codes. I need help with this . Could it be a bad pcm?
They need to recall them!! It’s same prob as the early models. I haven’t been able to drive mine for over a year becsuee FCA wants to fk with me for not getting extended warranty. Took great care of my “forever” vehicle & it literally threw lights & shook me down the highway as it rolled to 70k
FCA accepted claim & over 11 appointments piece fixing to send me back with a broke fkn Jeep. Once again - died on me. Lights going off.
No reply from FCA. Go figure

It’s time we call attorneys!