2008 JK 2 door soft top compatible roof rack options?

longlivenintendo

JK Enthusiast
hey everyone!

Been looking at options for a soft top compatible rack. The closest thing I've seen is like $840 on amazon but im thinking there's gotta be some options out there thats a little more affordable. Perhaps I'm wrong. I've seen a few others but when reading the reviews they all seem to complain about the same thing such as parts missing. Wondering if anybody out there knows of some good options. I'm looking to just be able to tie down some light things like trim or a couple of 2x4s, rather than go through the hassle of sticking out the window (not a huge deal I know) but if i could put a few more on there and avoid using the trailer that'd be good.

thanks in advance!

Buy the time you have to buy 4 of the plastic ones because they keep breaking or warping from the heat you could have bought 1 good one.
definitely true. It seems that if you want a good one it might pay to pay some extra money. That ladder on the back is pretty cool too not gonna lie. haha. Oh well. Maybe if I can make more money

Reactions: Dirty Dog
definitely true. It seems that if you want a good one it might pay to pay some extra money. That ladder on the back is pretty cool too not gonna lie. haha. Oh well. Maybe if I can make more money
While not always true, there is some truth to the saying "you get what you pay for".
By the same token, the price of quality is a strong argument for the DIY approach.

Revisiting this again. Anybody else have any roof rack experiences they can share? The Gobi looks good but the rugged ridge one where you can easily tilt it back to take sift too down seems pretty essential. The Gobi one doesn't seem to mention an ability to do that. The ability put a tent on and or some wood would be nice. Wondering if anyone has done anything like this?

Reactions: mrjp