2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU won't crank

Hulkamania

So on Monday, my Jeep Wrangler (6 speed) cranked up and ran just fine going to work. Had it up there over night due to staying out of town Monday night and coming back Tuesday. After coming back, I tried to start it and had no sign of cranking at all. I get power to the dash, radio turns on and what not but just won’t crank, not even a click. My battery reads 12.6 and the key does not have a battery in it. Had a buddy try to start it in 4 low and unfortunately no luck. Where would be a good starting point before I decided to take it to a shop?

I had this issues once with my 08. It would start fine sometimes and other times it would take a bit. One day I had the same thing happen. Lights and everything but no crank, no click nothing. Short story long there's a connector on the starter they was vibrating loose once and a while and finally fell off. I was looking at the starter and realized it wasn't connected and it was really loose when I put it back on. I pinched it with some pliers and havent had an issue since. I don't know if that's it, but either way I would say it's a starter issue.

Will it start the old hot wire fashion with the screwdriver to the starter? Or have you climbed underneath to see if the starter is even getting voltage?
Haven’t had a chance to get under neath yet, me and my buddy thought it was the clutch safety switch and tried to by pass it and had nothing. Fixing to go under it today

Reactions: mrjp
Will it start the old hot wire fashion with the screwdriver to the starter? Or have you climbed underneath to see if the starter is even getting voltage?
Update, was able to get it running for almost a whole week. Cable came off but now won’t start at all

The cable that comes off the starter for the ignition came off
Got ya.

My 08 do the exact same thing 3 weeks ago. Son drives it home from Army, and just nothing, proper voltage everywhere. Pulled that blade connection, used needle nose to squeeze the connector down, and it was tight to go on, but bam, zero problem.

I’m not sure that’s a common issue, but that is 3 or 4 that have had this the past month

Got ya.

My 08 do the exact same thing 3 weeks ago. Son drives it home from Army, and just nothing, proper voltage everywhere. Pulled that blade connection, used needle nose to squeeze the connector down, and it was tight to go on, but bam, zero problem.

I’m not sure that’s a common issue, but that is 3 or 4 that have had this the past month
What I did do is close the connector a bit then put some heat shrink on it to keep it in place. So far so good