2007 JKU windshield wipers not working

notmy51

On our 2007 Unlimited, the wipers stopped working. The fuse is good. We replaced the switch on steering column and the wiper motor. They do not work on any setting. Is there anything else to test? Based on research seems like the issue is the TIPM. There is no other common TIPM issues, so hate to replace/rebuild just for wipers not working.

Amy suggestions?

Based on what I've read and seen in regards to this matter, it seems like it would be the TIPM as well.

I will say this, it's always nice to have a spare TIPM laying around. If you plan on owning this thing a long time, I can almost guarantee it will come in handy at some point as you won't be left with any downtime when and if it decides to crap on you. Not to mention a spare one can help you troubleshoot issues like this with ease.

On our 2007 Unlimited, the wipers stopped working. The fuse is good. We replaced the switch on steering column and the wiper motor. They do not work on any setting. Is there anything else to test? Based on research seems like the issue is the TIPM. There is no other common TIPM issues, so hate to replace/rebuild just for wipers not working.

Amy suggestions?

If your pretty good with electronics you can probably bypass the TIPM, I was going to just give you a link or 2 that I found but there looks to be a ton of info here so i'll let you sort through it.

Be sure to keep us updated on whatever you decide to do could help someone else if they have a similar problem.

Just found this where someone found that if they unplugged the compass Module and they started working.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp
Talking to Vertical Visions, the wiper relay cannot be bypassed. So I sent my TIPM to them to check and replace any relays that were bad. They tested all relays and the only bad one was the wiper reley (and only half of it). They replaced it and now they work. I knew an older JK would require work, but never thought I would spend around $400 just to get wipers to work

Reactions: mrjp