2.5 inch lifted JKU

JKSpartan

Hi Guy,

I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport, just got a 2.5 inch Teraflex lift with fox shocks installed about month ago. Also, replaced the steering stabilizer with a Fox steering stabilizer. I have some questions, however I have had this Jeep for about 2 years now. I bought it used, it was fully stocked, no mods done at all to it, when I bought it. Now, when I drive it, does not matter what speed I am going, I can hit a crack in the road, or just a small dip and I can feel vibration in my gas pedal, and small ones in my steering wheel. What could be the cause of this? Which I know it could be a number of things, and I am just curious to nail it down to something or around something. Could it be the drag link, could it be the tire rod, could it be the caster and pinion?, Also, I was thinking maybe the geometry on is off and the front track bar is not in-line. Just looking for some guidance here in some direction to fix the issue. Got a big trip coming up out to Colorado to do some overland on some trails and I don't want this holding me down lol... Any advice will help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Couple post-lift install items you should definitely check:
  1. Alignment
  2. Track bar: although an adjustable isn't mandatory for a 2.5", if your wheels are off center, you may need one. Also, a lift might actually reveal a bad track bar condition previously unknown at the stock height.
  3. Axle: may need to center the axle.
  4. Check your tie rods.

Reactions: mrjp
Hi Anybodyhome,

Thank you for responding. Alignment was done after lift kit was put on by same shop. Yea, I was thinking the same thing on the Track bar, and tire rods. I was looking at the tire rod bushings and was already in the debate on replacing the tire rod, track bars, front and rear for a more HD type. Also looking at adjustable control arms to fix the caster angle as well. I was out driving my jeep at lunch today, and I noticed to that it felt like it was drifting lol... That my jeep was sliding however it was not, so it lead me to believe the Track Bar or Bars, also the front axle where the Drive Shaft was not at the right angle, not sure just spit balling here. I am now just looking to replace and fix what needs to be done. Thanks for you advice! Also, thank you for your service as well!

Do you have adjustable track bars front and rear? Are your axles centered under the Jeep?

Hi BlackJKU,

Thank you for responding. I do not have adjustable track bars front and rear. The ones that are on it, are stock came with the Jeep when I bought it. I have just little over 72K miles on the Jeep currently. I hope they are centered under the jeep, without me measuring them which I have not at this time, I really do not know that answer. However, that is a great question.

Thanks,

If you have a 2.5" lift and no adjustable track bars then the axles can't be centered.

Stand a 4' level up next to the fenders so it straight and measure to the tire and check fronts and then rears. They should be the same distance apart fronts and then the rears.

Thank you! I will do that after work, and get some measurements. On the track bars, make senses. I have a plan to order those and get the factory ones replaced. That is my mission very soon to get that ordered an replaced. I appreciate you guys responding and help me out with this issue!