Wondering around on the road after lifting.

Danny Patt.

I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport with a 3" Lift 34" Tires, Toyo AT3 on it. I have put all new ball joints, Heavy duty track bar and a alignment but it keep wondering all over the highway. It acts like there might be a little slack in the steeing box. Does anyone have any suggestion to fix this issue. The Jeep has 126500 miles on it.

I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport with a 3" Lift 34" Tires, Toyo AT3 on it. I have put all new ball joints, Heavy duty track bar and a alignment but it keep wondering all over the highway. It acts like there might be a little slack in the steeing box. Does anyone have any suggestion to fix this issue. The Jeep has 126500 miles on it.

Once you lift a Jeep and put bigger tires on it your changing alot of things from the way it was stock. Best thing to do is to jack the front axle up and start moving things around. To check your steering gearbox have the tires on the ground and turn the wheel back and forth and watch to see how much it moves before the tires start turning.

Reactions: mrjp and Lxxtsy
Sounds like your toe & caster maybe out. Also you maybe running to high of tire pressure

Ended up upgrading most of my steering components to Terraflex HD parts. I changed out my tie rod, drag link, ball joints, sway bar links and finally the track bar. In case you were wondering it was finally the drag link that seems to have corrected my issue.
To help diagnose get under the front of the Jeep with weight on the ground and have someone move the steering wheel fully left and right. My body was moving in relation to the diff. Thus proving track bar was bad.

Reactions: mrjp