Windrock, Tenn

KSJKR

Supporting Member
What an awesome trip! We rented an AirBnB for almost a week in Oliver Springs Tn about 20 minutes from Windrock. My wife and I spent a couple days just exploring the area and hitting the touristy stuff while we were waiting for our youngest son and his family to arrive in their Gladiator. The plan was to spend at least 2 full days wheelin' Windrock, hitting all 3 Badge of Honor trails before continuing to Chesapeake where they live just to hang out before his upcoming deployment. Mother nature had other plans, lol! With several days of rain before we went wheeling a local advised us to skip Trail 16 especially since we were driving our Jeeps on this trip, no tow rigs or trailers. He also advised running 26 backwards since the rain could make it a little much running the normal route. After running it we were glad we listened. So day 1 we ran 22, 27, then 26, using OnX and the Windrock app made navigating the huge park a breeze. Day 2 was 89 and the obligatory Panther Rock. 2 full days of awesome wheeling in an exceptionally beautiful area, we will definitely be going back! We did walk part of 16 and I'm glad we listened, lol! It was pretty muddy with some sections that we may have not made without damage. That's not to say there was no damage, lol! The rock sliders that came on my JK (step with a 3" drop tube) hung me up several times(definitely expected that) and took a beating. They are definitely getting changed out. The Gladiator Mojave did amazing even without a front locker, just had to make different line choices than I did. Another challenge for me was that I found out the day before we left that I had a torn rotator cuff on my left shoulder(of course I'm left handed) . It had been bothering me for a while, but surgery couldn't be scheduled till after vacation. After talking to the surgeon, he said I'd be fine, just be careful with the shoulder. I was and everything was fine, I did have surgery 3 days ago so apologies for typo's etc as I type this with right hand and my left arm in a sling for the next 6 weeks. All in all it was an amazing vacation, if you live near Windrock, I envy you, beautiful country and amazing off-roading, if you've never been there, go, Windrock is awesome and we definitely will be going back! Anyway, enough words, on to the pics.

IMG_4449.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4480.jpeg

IMG_4517.jpeg

IMG_4519.jpeg

IMG_4525.jpeg