Wheel fitment issues

Lacyr

I have a 2014 Rubicon 2dr. I downsized from 17” to 15” wheels. I was given an older set of Eagle Alloy Rock Crusher wheels off an older YJ. Awesome wheels. I have the adapters to account for the lug pattern difference. My issue is they won’t mount flush to the adapters. They clear the calipers with no problems. Any way to stay with this wheel setup? I’m not looking to change axles. Thanks for any help.

They're the correct adapters? 5x5 to 5x4.5? You'll need them to be a 1.5" spacer/adapter so your OEM studs don't hit the wheel.

They’re 1.5” adapters. Studs aren’t sticking out past the adapter

Is there any corrosion on the inside center rim? Also, did you try to mount them without the center cap? I've heard people having trouble with center caps and the lip.

Will they mate up flush to the wheel if you take the adapter off of the vehicle? That would be my first simple check to understand where the root cause is...

Then check that the adapter is mating correctly when mounted and torqued 360deg around the circumference to the hub flange.

Have you tried both front and rear and both sides of the vehicle. That may lend some clarity as well.

Some pics would help diagnose the issue.

Reactions: JeepJeezy