What wheel and tire size can I fit on my 2013 JK?

Jim

Need some advise on wheel and tire size 2013 Sahara. If I put a leveling kit on my jeep what is a good size wheel tire combo that will have a no rub fit. If I run a 35" tire would I need to raise jeep a couple of inches. Also if I use a spring kit to raise jeep what would give me the height I need and still have a nice ride. This is a on the road jeep only.
Thanks.

Jim,

Stock you can fit a 35" tire on your JK, but it won't be ideal. The larger tire you fit without raising the vehicle, the more suspension "up-travel" you lose. This is a bad thing and will dramatically (in a bad way) affect both on-road and off-road performance and drivability.

If you want to run a 35" tire (or a 315) I would highly suggest a 2.5" to 3.5" lift. That will accommodate a 35" tire perfectly, and you won't lose any up-travel with that setup. In fact, you'll likely gain some!

Even if it's an on-road only Jeep, you DO NOT want to lose up-travel. It will worsen the ride of your vehicle on-road.

I guess I'm confused with your statement. (The larger tire you fit without lowering the vehicle , the more suspension uptravel you lose. )